Group first aid training from PSTR Group (RTO 45395) is perfectly suited for medium to large organisations that require a large number of staff to be trained as a group or a large number of employees to be trained within a short time frame.
Group first aid training is important because it helps to ensure that people are prepared to respond to medical emergencies effectively.
By providing first aid training to a group of people, whether it’s a workplace, a school, a sports team, or any other type of organisation, everyone can learn how to respond in a consistent and effective way in the event of an emergency.
Some of the benefits of group first aid training include:
- Improved safety: Group first aid training can help to reduce the risk of accidents and injuries by ensuring that everyone knows how to respond appropriately in emergency situations.
- Increased confidence: When people have received first aid training, they are more likely to feel confident and competent when responding to an emergency, especially in more challenging workplace environments like mining, construction, aviation and more.
- Faster response times: By training a group of people in first aid, you can increase the likelihood that someone will be nearby to respond quickly in the event of an emergency.
- Better teamwork: First aid training can help to foster a sense of teamwork and collaboration within a group, which can be invaluable in emergency situations.
- More effective emergency response as people are all trained to the same standard at the same time, they work better is responding to an incident
- Great familiarity with company response equipment, as new equipment is introduced, all staff become familiar with it
- Simpler compliance and insurance as all team members first aid renewals are at the same time.
Depending on your needs, PSTR Group can provide a range of certified first aid courses which can be delivered at your site, our state-of-the-art world class facilities at Oxley in Brisbane or at any location around Australia.
Our first aid courses include:
Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
This high-quality course can be completed in less than a day. Knowing how to perform CPR is a requirement for many jobs and is a foundation of workplace health and safety.
Provide basic emergency life support
In line with Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) guidelines, this high-quality course will teach you how to recognise a life-threatening emergency, how to provide appropriate first aid and life support, and how to manage the situation including any casualties and other first aiders until professional help arrives.
Provide First Aid
If you employer asks if you have your first aid certificate, they are probably referring to this course. It was previously known as Senior First Aid or Level 2 First Aid.
This important course teaches you the latest thinking in applying first aid skills to dozens of common illnesses and conditions such as bleeding, burns, fractures, asthma, choking, bites from snakes and spiders, and much more.
Provide First Aid in remote or isolated sites
There are extra challenges in a first aid situation when your workplace is remote or isolated or you work in outdoor recreation like bushwalking and kayaking. Learn how to manage an aero-medical evacuation, use different communications equipment and consider the impacts of various terrain like desert, alpine, marine or tropical environments.
Provide Advanced First Aid
This course teaches you the latest thinking in applying first aid skills to many more complex illnesses and conditions such as allergic reactions, anaphylaxis, tourniquets, emergency childbirth, crush injuries, treating the misuse of substances including alcohol and illicit drugs, exposure to extreme temperatures, and much more.
Manage First Aid services and resources
Have you been nominated for an occupational first aid or management role at work? Learn how to establish, maintain, and facilitate the provision of appropriate first aid in your organisation.
The first aid training offered by PSTR Group teaches individuals how to recognise and respond to various medical emergencies, such as cardiac arrest, bleeding, choking, and fractures and could save a life in your workplace.
By participating in group first aid training, individuals can learn important skills such as how to perform Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation CPR, how to use an automated external defibrillator (AED), and how to properly bandage and immobilise injuries.
We can show all your staff how to use your equipment in response to an emergency. Instead of being trained on a wide range of equipment brands and types, we can train your staff on your equipment in your workplace.
Simpler training, we come to you and train your staff in your workplace, your staff do not need to travel, simplifying your costs and coordination, we train in your workplace.
Additionally, group first aid training can help individuals develop teamwork and communication skills that are essential for responding to emergencies as a group.
Group first aid training is an important investment in the safety and well-being of any organisation and can help to ensure that people are prepared to respond to emergencies in a timely and effective manner.
Contact us today about arranging a group first aid training session for your workplace, simply call 1300 396 570.
PSTR Group is a trusted veteran owned and operated Registered Training Organisation RTO ID#45395