Basic Water First Responder
COST: Upon Application
Utilise your swimming ability to undertake rescues in a stillwater environment. This course is designed for personnel who may be deployed to a basic (still) water environment such as lakes, ponds, and canals, where they may be required to undertake rescues.
This 12-hour course is mixture of theory and practical sessions for those aged 18 and above. Participants must already be a confident swimmer.
Learn water skills in the areas of:
- water entry and exit
- shallow water techniques
- swimming techniques and self-rescue in a water environment
- conditional rescues – talk, reach, throw
- true rescues in moving water – tethered
- rescue platforms, sleds, and boards
- masks, fins, and floating rescue devices.
WORLD CLASS FACILITIES
Located in Oxley, Brisbane, the Public Safety Training and Response Group headquarters
provides a realistic simulated environment to deliver accessible training courses.